Serving Nature and Our Community
WMNC is your gateway to enjoying and understanding the ecology of the beautiful White Mountains region of Arizona.
In the White Mountains, diversity abounds as you climb from grasslands that are home to speedy pronghorn, through the world’s largest stand of ponderosa pine teeming with forest-dependent wildlife to windswept alpine tundra atop Mount Baldy (Arizona's second-highest point at 11,420 ft).
Established in 2005, we are rapidly gaining momentum in completing our vision. For more information about our organization,
see About Us.
We Have a Building!
Tuesdays and Saturdays 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m.
Wear sturdy shoes ~ Bring gloves and water
A Current View of the Nature Center
Below is a current webcam view of WMNC.
How to add the Weatherlink app to your mobile device:
- Visit your playstore and search for the "weatherlink"app.
- Download the app to your mobile device.
- After downloading is complete, select the plus sign (+).
- At the next screen select the plus sign (+) again. Here you can enter a location.
- Enter WMNC, which is our weather station. The weather link will search for the location and add it to your list of locations. Now you have current weather conditions on your mobile device. Ta-da!
Bighorn Sheep near the Nature Center!
Check out the video below